Though skin has the natural ability to heal itself, and even with the most careful of treatment, depending on the severity of the acne, scars may occur. An acne lesion may result in loss or formation of skin tissue – the loss results in milder scars and the formation results in more sever scars.
Types of Acne Scars
- Ice-pick – skin appears to have tiny indentations as if pierced by a needle
- Rolling – wave-like undulations on the skin
- Boxcar – wider than ice-pick, often round or oval in shape
- Hypertrophic – thicker, wider, raised scar usually larger than the original size of the acne. These scars are often red in colour.
- Hyperpigmented scars – the dark patches left behind by pimples
- Depending on your age, health, medical history, and also by assessing the type and severity of the scar, we at Christell can customise a treatment plan for your acne scars.